The title of the post is the headline to an article in the Kingston Daily Freeman. Robert Tonner was awarded the Ulster County Chamber of Commerce Award for Entrepreneur of the Year for 2012.
I had the pleasure last night of attending a the awards banquet at the local country club. It was a dinner given by the Ulster County Chamber of Commerce for the yearly business recognition awards. Robert received the event’s top award. He was presented with a beautiful award and signed certificates from various state dignitaries.
I’m proud to say that there were 2 full tables of Tonner supporters there. We enjoyed a great dinner, meeting people from other businesses, and enjoyed great conversation. Then it was time for the awards presented by the Chamber and the speeches from the honorees. Here is a list of the other honorees:
- Cultural Business of the Year: The Phoenicia International Festival of the Voice
- New Building Project of the Year: Diamond Mills Hotel & Tavern
- Adaptive Re-Use Building Project of the Year: Brooks & Brooks Land Surveyors
- Tourism Business of the Year: Rocking Horse Ranch Resort
- Small Business of the Year: Schneider’s Jewelers
- Business of the Year: Optimum Window Manufacturing Corp.
- Heart of Ulster County Award: Robert J. Ryan, Jr. of Ryan Insurance
I was able to video Robert’s acceptance speech and wanted to share it with you here:
You can see more photos of the event on our Facebook page – Award Album
Robert is an inspiration to all of us here at the Tonner Doll Company and the Wilde Imagination Company. We would like to congratulate him on this award – it’s well deserved!
Thanks for reading!